AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tool box Gearbox builds Help Urgently! Project is ticking

Question asked by Matthew McDonald on Aug 22, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2013 by Matthew McDonald

Hi fellas,

I have tried every avenue I can think of... I am creating a planetary drive gear arangment. I am taking the part from tool box, ansi metric, and creating the correct ratios. The problem i am having is when i try to manipulate any of the parts, such as add circlip grooves into a spur arangment, they dont stay! I bring the spur into the assembley, i then open the part from its original assembley to modify, then i save and it changes the part within the assembley to what i desire. Then i save. Reopening the whole planetary assembley, the modified part looks like it did when i moded it, then it swithches back to the reference file part in solid works.

Now i have tried re referencing assembleies, parts, and still no luck. I have been messing around with this issue, utbing, and researching and still no answers. Can some guru out the help please!?

All I want is to use the tool box parts as templates, then save as my own to modify for use in a modelled assembley for this project, and possible 3d print them to, time permitting, not sure what can be done. Can this be done at all?

Regards,

Matthew

Outcomes