We are going to be migrating from PDM WorkGroup to EPDM in the next several months. We are working with our reseller on this. IT here has put together a spec for the server they intend to run EPDM on. They want to put the archive server and databse on the same new server. WorkGroup will be left on the old server. Being a nubie to EPDM, I thought I would post the spec that IT came up with for the server and see if anyone can comment. Our current WorkGroup vault size is 114GB. Would there be anything that would need to change? Thanks for your time.
Dell Recertified R420
(1) Dell PowerEdge R420 SFF CTO 8 Drive Hot Swap PSU and HDD
(2) Intel Xeon 4C E5-2407 2.2GHz 10MB 80W Processor
(2) Dell R420 Heat Sink
(4) 8GB 2Rx4 PC3 12800R
(1) PERC H710 PCIe RAID CARD, 512MB
(8) 146GB 15K SAS 6GBps 2.5" (TOS)
(2) 550W POWER SUPPLY R420
(1) R420 RACK KIT (READY RAILS)
(1) R420 Cable Management Arm Kit
(1) DELL R420 BEZEL
(1) DELL SLIMLINE DVD ROM
(1) PCIE Riser for Chassis with 2 Proc
(1) Dell ProSupport 5 year 4 Hour NMC
There are eight 146 GB drives. Two will be mirrored for the system drive (146 GB usable) and the other six will be set up as RAID 5 using five drives for a total usable capacity of 4 * 146 = 584 GB and one hot spare.
Total RAM is 32 GB
I should mention we have 10 SolidWorks licenses here that are fairly active. We will also have 10 seats of the viewer for shop floor personnel.
We will be installing Windows server 2008 R2 (64 bit) and Enteprise PDM 2013 SP 2.0