AnsweredAssumed Answered

Library / Toolbox Parts

Question asked by Stephen Gioacchini on Aug 7, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 by Stephen Gioacchini

I have my library set up on my network drive. I have my PDM WG Vault set up on a separate server. My library parts since changing to 2012 from 2009 show up as tool box parts in assemblies. The show in the feature tree with a bolt icon. Problem is some library parts are to be used as is and some are more of a template part or assembly to be saved out of the library and modified as needed. Of course this requires save as copy or pack and go and renaming the components to project specific names instead of library names.

This has all worked fine up until now. I reently noticed that if I copy a part or assembly from muy library and rename a part it retains its roolbox status. Meaning it keeps the bolt icon. It also is still recognised as a library (non rev controlled) part by PDM WG and will not check into the vault.

How can I change the state of these when copying to ensure they become project specific and not library? Also how did my library become my ttol box? Tool box is provided by Solidworks with nuts bolts and such like that. Should be separate.

Thanks for any insight.

Steve

Outcomes