1. I can't check anything in or out of the vault while I'm in Solidworks, using the Enterprise PDM tab on the task pane. The check out and check in icons are grayed out, and the commands in the right-click menu are grayed out as well. (Yes, I am logged in to the vault.)
2. I can only check files in and out using Windows Explorer. And I can't do that if the file is already open in Solidworks. If I try to do so, I get a stop sign and the message "The file is open in another application", and the check-out button is grayed out.
(3. The funny thing about 1 and 2 above is that when I first installed EPDM a month or two ago, the situation was reversed. I could check in and out from Solidworks. If I tried in Windows Explorer, it would crash.)
4. In the lower half of the EPDM tab of the task pane, where there appears a thumbnail of the selected file and several information fields, none of the fields have any text in them except the configuration. Even if I've checked out the doc, my name does not appear after "Checked out by".
5. I can't figure out any way to add new files to the vault. I've added new parts to an assembly and checked in the assembly. The new parts appear in the vault list in the task pane and in Windows, and I have write access to them, but I can't check them in or out.
Any idea what the heck is going on here?