5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 4:19 PM by Germane Admin

pack and go VBA crashing

Germane Admin

Trying to script Pack and GO in Solidworks.  I followed the API example in the Solidworks API document.  Every time it gets to the step on getting the Pack and GO interface it crashes swVBAserver. 

Set swPackandGo = SwModelDocExt.GetPackAndGo 

Solidworks reimains open, but I cannot re-open the SW script editor again until I restart Solidworks 2011.  Can anyone shed some light as to what's going on and how I can work around this?

• Re: pack and go VBA crashing
          Keith Rice

Germane,

Are you using an unmodified macro example from the API Help or did you modify it?  If you modified it lets see your code.  Some other things you might try:

1. Create a macro that only tests the pack and go functionality, so it removed from other factors that might be involved if your code is part of a larger macro.  Also, this way you can post it on the forums and it is easier for others to help you with.

2. Try running that same code on a different computer.  If it works then there is obviously a conflict on your computer or a bad installation.

Keith

Video Tutorials for the SolidWorks API

• Re: pack and go VBA crashing
              Germane Admin

Option Explicit

Dim swApp As SldWorks.SldWorks

Dim Document As ModelDoc2

Dim Errors As Long

Dim Warnings As Long

Dim FileName As String

Dim swPackandGo As PackAndGo

Dim SwModelDocExt As ModelDocExtension

Sub main()

FileName = "c:\temp\part-old.SLDPRT"

Set swApp = Application.SldWorks

Set Document = swApp.OpenDoc6(FileName, swDocPART, swOpenDocOptions_ReadOnly, "", Errors, Warnings)

Set SwModelDocExt = Document.Extension

Set swPackandGo = SwModelDocExt.GetPackAndGo <----fails right here

SwModelDocExt.SavePackAndGo (Document)

End Sub

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have to try this on another computer and see if I get the same error.  Thanks for the reply!

Btw, I wanted to test this with just a Part file to keep it simple.  So I modified some things from the API vb example code to get it to work with a part file.