AnsweredAssumed Answered

Poor SolidWorks Performance

Question asked by Alex Geisler on May 25, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2011 by Eng Yeap

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to posting so if there is a more appropriate category to post in let me know.

Well first off I will start with my system specs. So you have an idea what I'm working with.

Dell Precision Workstation T3500

Windows 7 64bit

SolidWorks 2011 S.P. 3.0

Intel Xeon CPU E5506 @ 2.13 GHz [Intel64 Family6 Model26 Stepping 5] (4 Processors)

NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800

12 GB RAM

My problem.

Were to start... I guess with opening assemblies. Now I know that opening large assemblies will take awhile. But 15-20 minutes seems a little out there. When it comes to mating, it doesn't seem like it should take 5-10 minutes between clicking faces (that's with a smaller assembly 50-150 parts). We constantly have to wait on the program to start responding again before we can make another action. It seems like it takes 8 hours to do something that should be able to be done in 45 minutes. I guess when it comes down to it, my question is: Does anyone else have the problem of having to wait several minutes between actions? Also, several times a day getting a message that says SolidWorks has stopped working, looking for a solution to this problem, no solution found, and inevitably not saving recovery, backup, or any of the changes it just took 3 hours to make?

I apologize if my question is a little hazy, or winy. Our entire department is frustrated with this ongoing phenomenon.

Outcomes