AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Page Drawing Template - Unexpected Custom Properties

Question asked by Daen Hendrickson on May 5, 2011
Latest reply on May 6, 2011 by Daen Hendrickson

I am using SW2011 with SP3.

Our drawing templates are set up so that pages 2+ use a different sheet format than page 1. The technique we used is covered at http://www.solidworkscommunity.com/print_article.php?cpfeatureid=47409 and seems to work well.

Last year we reviewed our templates and cleaned them up. Some of that cleanup got rid of custom properties we determined were not useful. But every once in a while I notice a few of those legacy custom properties pop back into a drawing. I think I finally figured out what triggers them to show up, but no idea how to get rid of them.

If I start a new drawing and choose my template all is as expected - the custom properties are what they should be. If I add a page, the new page uses the Page2+ sheet format. When this second page is added, the extra legacy custom properties are added to the drawing. Likewise, if I start a new drawing from the template, RMC and change the sheet format to the Page2+ template and reload the extra legacy custom properties are added to the drawing.

Can anyone explain how custom properties are assocaited with a sheet format? And can anyone suggest how to cleanse them out?

Just to clarify, we do NOT have a Page2+ drawing template - only one drawing template that references two sheet formats.

I tried resaving the sheet formats with the additional custom properties deleted, but they still come back.

Stumped.... Thanks, Daen.

Outcomes