Edit your Profile
Ask a Question
View my Inbox
View trending activity
All Spaces and Groups
About the Forums
Drawing and Detailing
Educators and Students
Modeling and Assemblies
SOLIDWORKS PDM/Enterprise PDM
to create and rate content, and to follow, bookmark, and share content with other members.
WHAT IS diff b/w SOLIDWORKS EXPLORER,PDM WORKGROUP & ENTERPRISE?
Discussion created by
on Jan 12, 2009
on Jan 13, 2009 by Christina Seay
Show 0 Likes
Hi can any one explan WHAT IS diff b/w SOLIDWORKS EXPLORER,PD
This content has been marked as final.
Show 1 comment
(Required, will not be published)
Jan 13, 2009 8:08 PM
I'm not sure exactly on SolidWorks Explorer, but from here:
SolidWorks Workgroup PDM Summary:
* Provides secure access to engineering data
* Facilitates design re-use
* Enables a workgroup design environment
* Automates revision control
* Lets you spend less time organizing and tracking design data
* Provides rapid ROI with limited IT required
SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Summary:
* Easy to implement and use
* Provides scalable, secure access for large design teams
* Enables companies to manage data at multiple locations with automatic file replication at each site
* Automates simple workflow including ECN/ECO processes
* Enables connectivity to MRP/ERP systems
* Full audit trails enable regulatory compliance
We're using PDM Enterprise personally, and while it does require customization to get it just the way we want it, we've been really happy with it so far. We're definitely not a straight "out-of-the-box" kind of company but support on the forums has been great and it's proving to be fairly easy to configure PDM Enterprise to our exact specifications.
Show 0 Likes
Retrieving data ...
Get perimeter of selected surface?
Perimeter & Bends
How to find Total Perimeter and External Perimeter?
Cost price application for laser cut parts
Difficulty using "Insert Midsurface" tool