Not sure if I posted this in the right area... I searched the forums and couldn't find anything to fit better.
I am a mechanical engineering student in need of a inexpensive workstation which can run solidworks, fusion 360, etc. I am considering purchasing a p53s levono laptop with a 1.8 GHz quad core processor but I am worried this will not be adequate to run these programs smoothly.
Here's my specs, analyze and criticize if you'd like, I hope this a good choice. I'm slightly nervous after spending this amount of money and ending up with a computer that won't get the job done.
Thanks for any input!
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8565U (1.80GHz, up to 4.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8MB Cache)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 250 nits
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400MHz (Soldered)
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD PCIe
- Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
- Graphics: NVIDIA® Quadro® P520 2GB
- Camera: 720p HD
- Fingerprint Reader: Fingerprint Reader
- Keyboard: Backlit with Number Pad - US English
- Wireless: Intel® 9560 802.11AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0