Knowledge Base Solution
If I have a SOLIDWORKS license with active subscription, can I use it to redeem free certification exams?
Yes. On January 1st and July 1st of every year, a new set of coupons becomes available to each Subscription Service Customer. When you purchase certain exams in the SOLIDWORKS Certification Store, you can apply the corresponding coupons to the purchase. The exam credits will be added to your VirtualTester account at no charge. Please take note of the following:
1. Each user can redeem each coupon only once.
2. A coupon expires six months after it becomes available. After this date, a new set of valid coupons becomes available and you cannot redeem the old coupons.
3. Once you redeem a coupon, the exam credit in your account will not expire.
Many companies own multiple licenses of SOLIDWORKS and will allow their employees to use their serial numbers to redeem certification exams. If you would like to use your company's SOLIDWORKS serial numbers to obtain coupons, first speak to your company to obtain permission.
For detailed instructions on coupon redemption, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to www.solidworks.com or create a SOLIDWORKS ID with your serial number.
Home > Login > Customer Portal
2. If your existing SOLIDWORKS ID is not registered with a serial number, go to 'Register My Products' in the Customer Portal.
3. Navigate to the SOLIDWORKS Certification website:
SOLIDWORKS Home (www.solidworks.com) > Support > Certification
4. Click on the ‘Subscription Offer’ Button.
5. Read the guidelines and information regarding the Certification Benefits.
6. Use the ‘click here’ link to navigate to the coupons page.
7. Copy the coupons you would like to use. Then follow the link to the web store.
8. Add the desired exam credits to your cart.
9. Select ‘Checkout’.
10. Paste your coupon code into the box and click on the ‘Apply Coupon’ button.
WARNING: You cannot use an Event ID or Voucher code to purchase a certification exam credit. You can only redeem an Event ID or Voucher code from within the testing client software. Please go to the SOLIDWORKS® Certification Center (http://solidworks.virtualtester.com) to download the testing client software.
11. Fill in your personal and billing information.
NOTE: Take care to use correct spelling for your email address. Use the same email address that you have used previously for SOLIDWORKS® Certification activities.
If you provide an incorrect or misspelled email address, VirtualTester will create a new account for that email address and deposit the exam credit there. To fix this problem, follow one of the two steps below:
a. First-Time VirtualTester User: If this is your first SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam, contact email@example.com and request that the email address in your VirtualTester account be corrected.
b. Returning VirtualTester User: If this is not your first SOLIDWORKS Certification Exam, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a VirtualTester account merge.
12. Click on the ‘Secure Checkout’ button when you have filled out your information.
Back to Certification Help Center