Introduce your self to the Community quickly and easily by updating your Profile.
Upload a Photo
Your photo is a great way for people to "meet" you and recognize you in person. Your primary photo is the main photo that appears when users view your profile.
1. Click on your name/image in the upper right corner. click Edit Profile
Tip: If it is your first time logging in, look for the prompt to "Add Your Photo" as pictured above; along with other tool tips to help you Get Started in the community.
3. Click Add Photo and select a profile photo from your computer.
4. Once you have selected a photo you will be prompted to crop the image. Once you have cropped the image to fit the designated box click Crop Photo.
5. Review and click Finish.
Upload an Avatar
Your avatar is a small picture that appears next to your content and comments to let community members quickly recognize you with a simple visual cue. If you did not choose to use the same photo uploaded as your profile as your avatar, follow the steps below to add a new one.
1. Below your Profile Photos - you will see a list of avatar images. Click Add another Avatar to add a new one.
2. You can opt to select an image provided or choose to add your own image (we recommend you choose a new one).
3. Once you have selected your avatar (indicated by the blue box around selected image) click Finished to save your changes.
Update Your Profile
1. Click on your name in the upper right corner and click Edit Profile.
2. Choose the Your Profile tab.
3. Fill in as much profile information as you like. Required fields are starred (*). Please note that your profile will be searchable, so if you have professional roles or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them.
Tip: Having a complete profile is a great way to introduce yourself to the community, and share your experience, expertise and interests. Everything in your profile is Searchable within the community, so help other Educators find and meet you!
NOTE: To change your name, e-mail address, or password, you must change it on your SOLIDWORKS ID. Click here to login to and choose My Profile on the left to edit your SOLIDWORKS ID profile.
4. Click Save.
Controlling Your Privacy Settings
1. You can also manage your privacy settings from the Edit Profile page by selecting the Privacy Settings tab.
2. For each profile field, select the type of user who can view it. If you select everyone, then all users can see the contents of that field.
3. After previewing your profile click Save and Finish if you're done, or click Close to return to the Privacy Settings page.
4. When finished click Save on the Privacy Settings page.
Read more Forum tips.