This example shows how to access information about a hole that was generated by the Hole Wizard.
A hole generated by the Hole Wizard contains a lot of information that can be used by other applications such as CAM and automatic ordering/inventory systems.
All of the information that is available through the UI is also accessible through the API.
- Extract the archive to a convenient location.
- Open a part or assembly in SolidWorks
- Generate a new hole using the Hole Wizard, if one does not already exist.
- Select the hole.
- Run the macro (VBA, VB.NET, or C#) in the Macro Editor.
- Inspect the Immediate window for information about the selected hole.
|- required for full access.|
- Looking for more API Examples?
Copyright © 2011 Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. All rights reserved.
Do not distribute or reproduce without the written consent of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.