This example shows how to get the parent component of a selected assembly component.
- Download and extract the archive in a convenient location.
- Open an assembly in SolidWorks.
- Select a child component in the assembly view.
- Open an Immediate window.
- Run the macro (VBA, VB.NET, or C#) in the Macro Editor.
The Immediate window displays the names of the selected child component and its parent.
|- required for full access.|
- Looking for more API Examples?
Copyright © 2011 Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. All rights reserved.
Do not distribute or reproduce without the written consent of Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.