There are two options for reading SolidWorks Forums content right within Microsoft Outlook, RSS and eMail notification.
View all content via the following RSS feed https://forum.solidworks.com/community/feeds/allcontent. This feed can be used by any RSS compatible viewer.
- You can see the posts you have read and ones you have not (unread).
- Add to Outlook or any RSS capable reader. Note that Outlook 2007 and previous has some issues with RSS feeds.
Following what's important:
Use Follow this Place and mark the places within the Forums that are important to you.
Receive e-mail notification to define what is important to you (i.e., place post, tag, etc.).
- You can define, and modify, the email notications.
- Add to Outlook (see Create an Outlook rule below).
Create an Outlook rule
To organize the e-mail notification, create a rule in Outlook.
Start the Outlook Rules and Alerts wizard.
Set that the e-mail notification comes from "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Create a folder for the notifications (i.e., SolidWorks Forums).