2020 is a special year. Hope you and yours are all doing well and staying healthy.
Meanwhile, SOLIDWORKS Sell has been working hard to improve its functionalities and hone the user experiences.
We are glad to share several exciting updates.
- Allow more advanced material settings to improve the 3D viewport visual appeal.
- Visualization has been a frequent demand to further impress online visitors.
- In 2.12.13, more advanced material settings have been added for advanced users to fine-tune the appearance, such as Clear Coat, Metalness, and Reflectivity.
- For example: please notice the bumpy surface result created by the Normal Mapping and the reflectivity changes below.
- Please note: materials with advanced settings are designed for the dynamic 3D viewport display. These materials are not recommended in the high-quality static renderings or Augmented Reality because these advanced settings may not render well in the modes other than the dynamic 3D viewport.
- Speed up the tenant loading time.
- As customers' adoption and usage grow, the number of configurators on tenants has been increasing substantially as well. A customer reported the slow speed of loading 120,000 configurators (templates) on their tenant.
- With an enhancement at the 2.12.10 release, the loading time of 120,000 configurators (templates) has been cut down from 3 minutes to 3 seconds!
- Reuse an existing group among Options.
- Previously, there was no way to reuse Groups inside of an option set. So once a group is consumed by an Option, users had to create an identical group manually to be used in later Options.
- Now in 2.12.12, after using a group in an option, it is still available for reuse in other options.
- It can save hours in manually recreating identical groups.
- It can also help minimize duplicate groups and keep the structure clean and organized.
- Search by Display names on the Part, Group, and Option Set tabs.
- Often, users need to enter descriptive Display names to Parts and Groups in public-facing configurators, but these Display names were not searchable before, so it was time-consuming to locate the targets.
- Now with the 2.12.10 release, you can easily search by the Display names beyond the original names on the Part, Group, and Option Set tabs.
In addition, there are powerful API enhancements for valuable customizations.
- Add the ability to pass in a group name to the Randomize function. This way, upon the loading of a configurator, your online visitors can enjoy a randomly generated configuration controlled by your selected groups.
- Locate configurators more easily using APIs
- Add tags to a template.
- List all tags.
- List all templates.
- Update a template
Get Geometry (Part) OBJ files from an Order
You will get a very large response. Search this response for an object called personalizationData and within it, you can get the Geometry IDs of all the Parts present in the order.
Get OBJ Secure Link.
For each Geometry ID, GET a link to another API which you use to download the OBJ