Hello and welcome to this new post of the SolidWorks Support Monthly FAQ.
Robbie Liotta has handed the responsibility of this blog to me, so I will be your host from now on.
Let me introduce myself. I am Julien Boissat, a Sr. Technical Customer Support Engineer for Simulation products (SolidWorks Simulation, Flow Simulation, Motion, Plastics, etc.) I have been doing that since 2002.
This month we start a new format and add some variety in the content. We all hope you’ll like it.
SolidWorks Customer Portal maintenance
SolidWorks Customer Portal will be offline for maintenance all weekend, from noon on Friday May 3rd (American East Coast time) until noon (same time zone) on Monday May 5th. Access to both the SolidWorks Knowledge Base and to the download section will be affected. Some of the links in this blog will also not be working during that time.
A lot of news on the front of social media! We announced in the last blog the release of My.SolidWorks, the new community experience that helps you connect, discover and share everything SolidWorks. It can be accessed by anyone at http://my.solidworks.com.
This month, we are announcing the new Twitter account for the SolidWorks Services organization, https://twitter.com/SolidWorksCare.
The aim of the account is to keep you informed and help you get the most out of SolidWorks through short technical tips.
Service Pack News
Service Pack 3.0 of version 2013 of course fixes many issues and increases performance, but it also adds some usability improvements. They will improve your experience working with SolidWorks.
Here is a short list of such enhancements:
- SPR 374567: Bill of materials (BOM) with more than 26 columns can now be saved as Excel sheet.
- SPR 619387: In the Structural Member PropertyManager, the End Miter option "Merge miter trimmed bodies" is not checked by default anymore.
- SPR 636740: Preselecting a plane now automatically starts the Hole Wizard sketch on that plane (same as with preselected faces).
- SPR 644080: It is now possible to change the size of columns in the Summary table when probing results on selected entities
- SPR 605886: It is now possible to define an orthotropic material to several bodies at once
- SPR 678560: Microsoft™ SQL Server 2012 is now officially supported.
- SPR 570530: Detailed timestamps are added to the Database Server Service (ConisioDbServer.exe) log file for enhanced troubleshooting.
To get the full list of fixed SPRs in any service pack of version, log in the Customer Portal and click on Fixed SPR list in My Support:
Noteworthy Solutions from the SolidWorks Knowledge Base
What to do if Flow Simulation crashes every time after clicking Finish for the project configuration wizard?
It’s likely to be caused by older versions of some dlls in your System32 folder. See Solution ID: S-061623.
How does Enterprise PDM handle Windows user login where same user exists in multiple locations (for example as both a local and as a domain user)?
See Solution ID: S-062526. It explains what login information is stored in the vault database and what happens when the same user login exists on both the local server and on the Active Directory server.
Is it possible to automate the restart of SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Database Server Service?
Yes. A batch file can be created to stop and restart of the SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Database Server Service. The commands are given in Solution ID: S-061623.
When will Microsoft Office 2013 be supported for SolidWorks?
Microsoft Office 2013 is currently scheduled for full support with the release of SolidWorks 2014. Initial testing is positive and while not officially supported yet, SolidWorks 2013 should work with MS Office 2013. As more information becomes available, it will be posted in Solution ID: S-062418.
Where can I download the hotfix for SPRs 678398, 687219 and 696154?
The hotfix for SPRs 678398, 687219 and 696154 can be downloaded from Solution ID: S-062780. It also gives the install procedure.
- SPR 678398 was written against the presence of extra text (instead only a numerical value) in the sheet metal properties of the bounding box and 3D bounding box of SW in French language
- SPR 687219 was written against the presence of extra text (instead only a numerical value) in the sheet metal properties of the bounding box and 3D bounding box of SW in Italian language
- SPR 696154 was written against the fact that some of the parameters are not evaluated in drawing cut list properties
That’s it for this month. Thanks for reading this edition of SolidWorks Support News. If you need additional help with these issues or any others, please contact your SolidWorks Value Added Reseller.
Also, comments and suggestions are welcome. You can enter them below.