This month’s edition of SolidWorks Support News covers a few of the most common questions and issues handled by the support team over the past month, as well as recent updates to the SolidWorks Knowledge Base.
Top questions and issues:
- S-058181 - Urgent fix to address missing entities in part and assembly FeatureManager after converting data to SolidWorks 2012 format.
DS SolidWorks Corporation has detected a workflow that may result in the FeatureManager missing items or having entities listed at an incorrect position in the FeatureManager. This issue may occur with files that have multiple configurations during the conversion of data from a prevision version to SolidWorks 2012 SP0 and SP1. Files created in SolidWorks 2012 are unaffected.
SolidWorks 2012 users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to SolidWorks 2012 SP2 as soon as possible to avoid this issue. A hotfix is also available for SolidWorks 2012 SP1 users and attached to this solution for download.
- S-058099 - How do you upgrade previous version SolidWorks Toolbox data for use for SolidWorks 2012 when the Toolbox library is managed in a SolidWorks Enterprise PDM file vault?
In SolidWorks 2012 Toolbox the folder structure where Toolbox parts are stored under the Browser folder has changed compared to previous Toolbox versions (see S-057076). If upgrading a previous major version Toolbox stored in a SolidWorks Enterprise PDM file vault, the SolidWorks Installation Manager needs to rearrange the existing Toolbox files and folders to match the revised structure.
- S-057981 - Is there an option for eDrawings 2012 that can turn off the ability to check file references?
Yes, starting with eDrawings 2012 SP 2.0, there is an option found under Tools -> Options called “Do not check for file references”
- S-058168 - Where can I download the hotfix for SPR 586803, 592887, 597129, 599800, 599962?
Combined hotfix addressing beam conversion, joint, and mesh issues in Simulation 2011 SP2?
New Knowledge Base articles:
- S-058016 - Using the default Simulation options/settings, what is the default mesher setting (e.g. Standard or Curvature Based) for new studies created in Simulation 2012?
In Simulation 2012, the default mesher setting (with unmodified user options/settings) is the Standard mesher for new studies created in 2012. This is intentional, and a change from certain Service Packs of Simulation 2011 where the Curvature Based mesher was the default mesher for new studies. See S-058017 for information on the default mesher settings in Simulation 2011.
- S-058250 - What may cause SolidWorks to crash or hang on startup / launch, with the splash screen displaying and then closing on a Lenovo computer?
This issue may be caused by the installed graphics card driver. Please use the instructions included within S-058250 to troubleshoot and fix the problem.
- S-058098 - How do you load and run a SolidWorks Enterprise PDM report file (.crp)?
A SolidWorks Enterprise PDM report file (.crp) is a T-SQL formatted database query that can be run from a client workstation using the SolidWorks Enterprise PDM report generator.
Thanks for reading this month’s SolidWorks Support News.
If you need additional help with these issues or any others, please contact your SolidWorks Value Added Reseller.
The SolidWorks Support Team