Knowledge Base Solution
Why does the following error message occur during the download and install?
"Could not connect to the SolidWorks server to determine which products you are entitled to install. Check the Internet connection and click retry"
This error occurs if Installation Manager could not connect to the SOLIDWORKS servers. Try the below steps to resolve the problem:
- Set Internet Explorer as your default browser and reset Internet explorer to default settings
- In the IE browser > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and click “Restore advanced settings”
- Still on the same tab click “Reset”
- Close browser and restart it
- Change IE compatibility mode:
In IE menu>Tools>Compatibility View (check the option)
Compatibility View Settings, check the box "Display all websites in Compatibility View"
- Try to download and install SOLIDWORKS
If you still face the issue, add the following domains to the firewall’s/proxy server exceptions list for the Installation Manager.
Everything is using http (port 80)