SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM 2013 SP0 have been tested and certified for use with Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit only).
1. Only Windows 8 RTM (Release To Manufacturing) and later versions are supported.
Windows 8 "Release Preview" and "Consumer Preview" versions are not supported.
2. 32-bit is not a supported platform for Windows 8 for SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM except for :
eDrawings, Enterprise PDM Contributor and Enterprise PDM Web Client, which are supported on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.
3. Use of SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM 2012 SP05 or earlier on Windows 8 is not supported.
Please see http://www.solidworks.com/systemrequirements for more details.
- None -
1. SPR 670068: Running Enterprise PDM Design Checker task fails with "Failed to Run Design Checker" error on Windows 8.
2. SPR 670692: Integrated search causes crash on Windows 8.
Q: Will SolidWorks run on Windows RT or ARM-based tablets ?
A: No. SolidWorks requires Intel or AMD processor(s) capable of running 64-bit Windows 8.
Q: Which versions of Windows 8 is SolidWorks 2013 supported on ?
A: SolidWorks 2013 is supported on the Professional and Enterprise editions of Windows. Use of SolidWorks on Basic / Home editions of Windows is not supported.