The SolidWorks Installation Manager performs a number of purposes;
- Identifies what software and version(s) are installed.
- Checks for updates to installed software.
- Identifies required system pre-requisites needed.
- Accelerate the download process.
- Support for downloading software only and off-hours.
- Identify the required items for a safe, manual download.
- and more...
Whether you choose not to use the automated process within the SolidWorks Installation Manager or you have proxy or Internet connection issues, the only safe means to manually download and update SolidWorks is using Installation Manager assisted manual downloads.
The SolidWorks Installation Manager will insure that system pre-requisites are installed and up-to-date. The SolidWorks Installation Manager ensures you do not exclude required prerequisites that can impact a successful installation and program stability.
To manually download files using the SolidWorks 2009 Installation Manager (IM)
- Start the IM
- Select the type of install (Individual, Admin Image)
- Select the software to install.
- Set the Download folder if necessary.
- Select the Let me download files... option.
- Select Click Here to download files..., a web browser will display:
- Download each file listed.
- Go back to the Installation Manager and click Next. The Installation Manager will verify the files and
start the installation.
Also see the Anti-Virus and Installation blog post for information on installation and anti-virus.
Using the Installation Manager is the only safe means to insure you have a valid installation.